Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog #9: That's when I decided to break it.

I found myself sitting in Ferney's office. He was looking at me expectantly. I had to make a decision. Photography class or Media? I had had my heart set on photography since grade 9, but things had changed and I found myself seriously debating the issue. After talking it out and thinking it over I decided on the media course. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do in university, but I figured media might be a little more beneficial than photography.

So I changed my courses, not entirely sure how I felt about the whole thing. But I figured I would give the class a chance. Ms. Jeppesen was the teacher, I had had her in grade 9 art and had no problems with her, it was an open course so I wasn't expecting that big of a work load either.

Once the class began I was a little surprised at how much the course covered. There was also quite a bit of work. None of it was ever particularly difficult, some of it was even fun; especially the group projects. I enjoyed getting together with my group and getting things done.

Throughout the course we learned not only terms and the evolution of media, but also how to critically analyze things that we are exposed to every day. Even things such as commercials and biased in the news, things that I had never really taken much notice to before. It made me much more aware of the world around me and gave me the ability to create well-informed opinions on what I was looking at.

Using all of this information the class was told to write blogs, which I found myself enjoying. I liked being able to give my opinion and personalizing my blog was actually pretty fun.

There was rarely a class where I had nothing to do, and even though sometimes the discussions were a little slow they were normally pretty entertaining. They were even more fun when we got a little side tracked from the actual work that had to be done and we ended up talking about the Cancer Bats or watching Haley's games of hangman or Vince causing small explosions at the pencil sharpener or Rachael, Justine and I playing games on our iPods.

Time well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

Despite the fun stories I heard from the photography class, I was very pleased with taking media. It was a lot of fun, even the projects and trips were awesome. Despite the fact that I still have an exam to write and I'm not sure of my final mark, I'm not too worried about it and would definitely tell anyone considering it to take the class.

1 comment:

Neumayer-MediaBlog said...

I FELT THE NEED TO COMMENT ON THIS BECAUSE:
A)THAT IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER.
B)THAT'S THE GAME I ALWAYS PLAY ! :D

C) vince causing explosions.. LOL

Post a Comment